Tuesday, May 1, 2012

What Matters Most

The Duncan family has now officially cleared the I-95 corridor! We have said goodbye to friends, completed our U-Haul/minivan/F-250 RV caravan to Ft.Bragg, off-loaded our stuff, and are heading west. We are currently in central North Carolina, the family snoozing to the sounds of morning bird song. Well, except for me.

Before we left Alexandria, as I was pulling moving paper out of a used box, I discovered this little guy. We decided he must want to travel with us and see North America. Introducing.........



Travel Gumby! He was originally a salt-and-pepper shaker (weird!?!) but he is now our "Flat Stanley" and will be visiting such lovely sights as the Grand Canyon, and... well, I don't yet know where we are going.

So look for updates as we head west. We are tentatively planning to move out pretty fast to see if we can get somewhere special by a certain time. I'll let you know what that is if our rapid travel plans work out OK for the little girls...

1 comment:

  1. I feel honored to have gotten to meet Travel Gumby personally. He's such a cute little fellow.

    ReplyDelete